If you’ve ever felt anxious, guilty, or fearful about spending money… this post is for you.
Your Spending Experience
How much money you spend is not as important as the way you feel when you spend it. Many people spend money on something and then feel awful, like they left their whole life force at the store.
Anxiety and fear can turn spending into a really crazy experience. So, the moment you start to feel drained, helpless, or like you won’t have enough, I want you to remember something.
Feel the (Money) Flow
Money is a current (you know, currency). It’s an energy of ebb and flow. The trick is to create an energetic flow, a current that flows more money in than out—and you can’t create a flow like that when you’re anxious and freaked out.
Watch the video to discover a simple technique to clear your anxiety and empower your beliefs, which will create a more harmonic energetic flow of money coming in than going out:
I’m so glad that money gives us such a visible mirror for our beliefs and feelings. Whenever you experience a stressful spending situation, check in with yourself to see what you’re actually feeling stressed about.
Last week, I shared a money phrase to cut out of your vocabulary completely. Today’s technique will help you replace that phrase with something new.
Just like I showed you in the video, tap the fight and flight meridian over your left ear with the fingers on your left hand, and say:
- I am no longer freaked out when I spend money.
- I am no longer feeling the intensity of loss when I spend money.
- I am no longer feeling that spending money is a sin.
- I am no longer afraid of spending money.
- I am no longer feeling bad about myself when I spend money.
- Continue with your specific anxieties. Release those anxieties with “I am no longer…”
Now create a script that honors your true nature, using your right hand over your right ear.
- I am comfortable spending money.
- I am wise in my spending of money.
- I am always experiencing more money coming in than coming out.
- I am having money in my life to support me.
- I am having fun with money.
- I am good with money.
- I am grateful for all the money I am receiving.
- I am spending money wisely in integrity with what honors me.
- I am at peace.
Your money-making homework
Use temporal tapping to create the energetic flow with money that will support you. Come back here for some help with the words until they become second nature to you. For even more support to help you, visit the Carol Tuttle Healing Center. You’ll find all the tools you need to calm your anxiety and create an amazing life of abundance and freedom.
Inspire the rest of us with your story, or help us with your questions—share a comment! How did last week’s homework turn out for you? If you missed it, click here to check out last week’s post.