I wonder if this will surprise you as much as it surprised Jeni.
Last week, I shared a mini-healing session with Jeni’s husband, Sean, who needed to feel respected and heard (if you haven’t seen that video, watch it here).
One of the reasons Sean’s own healing work will be so effective is Jeni’s support. She is honest with herself and she takes accountability for her own actions and energy.
In fact, when she heard that Sean needed to open his throat chakra, she had an instant reaction that surprised her. Jeni discovered that her husband’s issues were really a mirror for her, showing her how powerless she felt—when she didn’t have to!
Experience Personal Power, Not Control: Energize Your Third Chakra
Your third chakra supports you in feeling you have personal power. When your third chakra is open, you feel that you are safe to act in the world and you have the power to do so.
Because Jeni was running an old story in her life, she felt powerless. In her attempt to take control and stay safe, she actually compromised and controlled her husband’s voice. It’s amazing how quickly she got it and owned it!
I’ll let Jeni tell you in her own words. Plus, energize your own power center with this easy exercise:
Isn’t Jeni refreshing? I’d like to thank her for being so honest here. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Remember, you alone are accountable for your thoughts, energy, and actions. When you take accountability in your marriage, you honor your personal power for good.
Energize Your Solar Plexus Chakra
Jeni and I used these affirmations to help her energize her third chakra. You can use them, too:
- Even though I’m believing I have to control others so I’m not controlled, I’m ready to change.
- I know that’s no longer necessary. I’m ready to start giving it up.
- I am safe. I am going to believe this now.
Tap on your third chakra. Say these statements out loud or in your mind:
I am letting go of…
- …the fear of being controlled.
- …men/women with a say controlling me.
- …men/women with open throat chakras victimizing me.
- …needing to compromise men/women to feel safe.
- …having to compromise my spouse to feel safe in my marriage.
- …needing to stay in control in my marriage.
Imagine your third chakra feeling strong and vibrant, and say these statements aloud:
- I am experiencing my own authentic power.
- I am safe.
- I am safe in my marriage.
- I am safe with my spouse having a say.
- I am safe with my spouse having his/her power of voice.
- I still have power and presence.
- I have always been powerful and I am experiencing that authentic power.
- I am in control of myself.
- I am my own power, and it’s a power for good.
This exercise is just the beginning. It puts you in a frame of mind where you truly feel safe and capable of acting. And then you need to go do it!
You may not be able to hold a strong level of belief in your personal power for long stretches of time at first, so repeat this exercise whenever you need to.
PS. Want to know how your own third chakra is doing? Take my quick chakra test in only 3 minutes. Your results will show you how your subtle energy systems are affecting your life in important ways. Learn what they are and energize your life!